Strap

Saturday 17 May 2008

I MADE IT!


Well to those of you who thought that I wouldn't do it - I climbed Mount Snowdown - in the Welsh drizzle  - full of nats and mozzies -  and summited at around 11h30 - after setting off at 09h00.  It was a seven mile hike to the base of 'The Beast' as we have fondly named her (Mount Snowdown) - but even that didn't deter me!  It seemed like Grand Bloody Station going up - and at the top it was even more of a circus - apparently there were over 500 hikers on the mountain on Saturday!

By the time we got to the top - it was inevitably covered in mist and fog - and we couldn't see the magnificent view - but it was an accomplishment all the same!  I was amazed at how rude some of the folks were - pushing and shoving you to get you outta their way - but I soon learnt to push and shove back!

I'll post some piccies - when they've been downloaded - so keep your peepers open - and you can have a good ol' laugh at 'Wheezer' as I eventually got nicknamed by some old biddy who was climbing up behind me!  Cheeky So and So!  I have posted the Google Earth 'Side view' of the mountain - but if you wanna go and check it out - it's quite an impressive mountain - it's in Wales - just type in Mount Snowdown; Wales - and you should find it!

We took the 'Miners' trail - which was about 7 miles from the car park to the base of the mountain - and that's where the huffin' and a puffin' started...

I must say in retrospect - after just having climbed a rather precipitous 1 000 odd meters - to then be faced with having to trek back another seven miles - I was none too amused - But God had promised me my healing was at the top of that mountain - and by Jimminy - NO-ONE was going to stop me climbing that mountain for a promise from God - or moaning about climbing back down and then hiking  the seven miles back to the car park!

Regards 

Ryan 


No comments: