Strap

Tuesday 3 June 2008

Nanna & Poppa are Coming to live in The UK!


Well it's 02h30 in the morning and I am restlessly trying to get to sleep.  You see my Mum is coming to live in the UK - yes Folks - Shaugie's beloved Nanna & Poppa are on the aeroplane right now as we speak jetting their way to this green and pleasant isle!

The last time I even lived in the same city as Mum was back in 1994 - when we left JHB to pick up the pieces of our lives after my Mum's divorce to my Dad - and go live in Durban - where she has stayed ever since.

I'm not scared by her coming to live in the same city as us - in fact I am SO relishing the thought that Shaugie will be having his Nanna and Poppa (my stepdad Gary) living 5 km's down the road from us that I think that is why I can't sleep!

It will also be a relief for me especially to know that she is not stok steen alleen in Kloof - in a big House - with crime the way things are - when Gary is away at work.

I think it will also do the wee tyke the world of good to have his grandparents so close - as he absolutely adores them.  And if I know them - They will fall in love with the true angel sent by God - that I have.

That little boy has bought healing where there was hurt; and shown me that it is possible to love someone (other than my GORGEOUS wife) so completely!  He has healed broken hearts - and all through the simplest of things - a hug here - a kiss there - but heal me he really has.

The next few weeks are going to be filled with a whirlwind of activity - but I'll keep you posted!

I'm starting to feel sleepy now - and the school photographer is at the school today - so I better get my weary eyes shut and have a good ol' Dudu!

Peace 

Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys


Congrats on climingTHE mountaine!!! I have been the in the Kalbarri Gorges for 8hrs. That was scary!!! Have a look on the net. Say Hi to your mom for us. She is our favourite "aunty" more like a friend actually! W ae all fine here. Oh OK we are all full of flu and tummy bugs and you name it! Roxanne is going to Bali in July and, Cadnace will be going down to Dinnelly River (4yrs south) in a week or so. CLvie and I may go with Brad to the Vines Resort in the Swan Valley. It is so cold today, It was 4degrees over night and I am sure it is about -1 in the house, but should heat up to 16 by lunch! Love to all Clive, Pamela and family